We have a great saying in German when people are saying or doing something stupid:
"Herr, wirf Hirn vom Himmel!"
"Lord, throw some brains from the heavens."
fave follow-up: "oder Steine, Hauptsache er trifft." - "or stones as long as he hits the mark"
Wait, I had a question about German! Why are seemingly random words capitalized? Like, I know one of them in the first phrase means god, but what about the rest??
Haha, oh god, lol. Sorry, but this just seems so hilarious from a German perspective ^^
In German, all nouns are capitalised. Nouns and names. So, for example, we capitalise England, but not “englisch”.
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
Guys look at these photos of me digging! I’m totally digging them!
TAG GAME: CHARACTERS WHO SHARE THE SAME PERSONALITY TYPE AS YOU.
(tagged by phantasmatical)
rules: find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters you find relevant below. then tag five friends and let them know you tagged them! if you don’t know your personality type, take the test here.
- Dylan Hunt from Andromeda
- Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Chuck Bartowski from Chuck
- The Eighth Doctor from Doctor Who
- Leeloo from The Fifth Element
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
- Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon
- Frodo from The Lord of the Rings
- Christian from Moulin Rouge!
- Raleigh Becket from Pacific Rim
- Luke Skywalker from Star Wars
- The eponymous main character of WALL•E
tagging: captainviolet, hippiearcheologist, fuzzybooks, krykky, maureensowerbutts (and anyone else who wants to do this, obvs)
Statistics show that people who take the Myers-Briggs personality test have a 50% chance of falling into a different category if they retake it 5 weeks later. Source
I’ve redone it about 5 times and I get the same category every time…
This whole bit is made all the funnier by knowing that all of the guards were just random extras who weren’t told what was going to happen only that they weren’t allowed laugh at any cost as they wouldn’t be payed if they did.
Personal best find of the dig!